Effective September 2016 all new colocation, access (including transit and metro ethernet), and transport customers will be presented with terms and conditions in a signed Master Service Agreement which supersedes the terms and conditions shown below. Customers that have not signed a Master Service Agreement will continue to be subject to the terms and conditions shown below.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with Roller Network LLC. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document Roller Network LLC may suspend or terminate your account.
Roller Network LLC’s Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) for Roller Network LLC Services is designed to help protect Roller Network LLC, Roller Network LLC’s customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by Roller Network LLC. Roller Network LLC reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at http://www.rollernet.us/policy/aup.php.
Prohibited Uses of Roller Network LLC Systems and Services:
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Roller Network LLC’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Roller Network LLC’s servers, is prohibited. Roller Network LLC accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Roller Network LLC customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Roller Network LLC-hosted domain, or referencing any Roller Network LLC account, is prohibited.
4. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
5. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org.
6. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
7. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
8. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Roller Network LLC customers or end-users by any means or device.
9. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Roller Network LLC network or on another provider’s network.
10. Using Roller Network LLC’s Services to interfere with the use of the Roller Network LLC network by other customers or authorized users.
11. Violating Roller Network LLC’s backscatter prevention policy as described at http://www.rollernet.us/policy/backscatter.php
12. Utilizing Roller Network LLC’s outbound mail servers to propagate dictionary attacks against any domain.
13. Roller Network LLC does not, as a general rule, permit our outbound mail services to be used for any type of one way mailing list. Interactive lists are permitted (i.e. mailman).
Customer Responsibility for Customer’s Users
Each Roller Network LLC customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Roller Network LLC, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an Roller Network LLC customer will be forwarded to the Roller Network LLC customer’s postmaster for action. If violations of the Roller Network LLC Acceptable Use Policy occur, Roller Network LLC reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Roller Network LLC’s AUP as Roller Network LLC deems appropriate, without notice.
Reporting Policy Violations
Violations to this policy should be reported to abuse <at> rollernet.us.
Our View on Spam
Roller Network LLC takes the position on a message as UBE or spam is based on the consent of the receiving party, not about content. Any action that causes any of our servers, networks, or transit to be blacklisted will be viewed as a violation of this acceptable use policy. Roller Network reserves the right to assess cleanup and remediation fees of no less than $1,000.00 per message or attempted recipient (as defined by an SMTP “RCPT TO”) when warranted by an account holder’s actions or inaction. Accounts suspended or terminated for AUP violations are not eligible for a refund.
Last Updated: 5/16/2013