This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Agreement with Roller Network LLC. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document, Roller Network LLC may suspend or terminate your account.
Roller Network LLC’s Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) for Roller Network LLC Services is designed to help protect Roller Network LLC, Roller Network LLC’s customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by Roller Network LLC. Roller Network LLC may update the Policy with notice to Customer and at no time shall such updates constitute a change to the Agreement.
PROHIBITED USES OF ROLLER NETWORK LLC SYSTEMS AND SERVICES:
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Roller Network LLC’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Roller Network LLC’s servers, is prohibited. Roller Network LLC accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Roller Network LLC customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to or from any Roller Network LLC-hosted domain, or referencing any Roller Network LLC account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org.
- Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
- Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
- Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Roller Network LLC customers or end-users by any means or device.
- Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Roller Network LLC network or on another provider’s network.
- Using Roller Network LLC’s Services to interfere with the use of the Roller Network LLC network by other customers or authorized users.
- Transmitting “backscatter”; incorrectly automated bounce messages sent by mail servers, typically as a side effect of incoming spam.
- Utilizing Roller Network LLC’s outbound mail servers to propagate dictionary attacks against any domain.
CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITY FOR CUSTOMER’S USERS
Each Roller Network LLC customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Roller Network LLC, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of a Roller Network LLC customer will be forwarded to the Roller Network LLC customer’s authorized contact for action. If violations of the Roller Network LLC Acceptable Use Policy occur, Roller Network LLC reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Roller Network LLC’s AUP as Roller Network LLC deems appropriate, without notice.
REPORTING POLICY VIOLATIONS
Violations to this policy should be reported to abuse <at> rollernet.us.
OUR VIEW ON SPAM
Roller Network LLC considers message as UBE or spam based on the consent of the receiving party, not its content. Any action that causes Roller Network servers, networks, assigned IP addresses or ranges, transit, or peering to be degraded or blocked, or denies service to other customers, will be viewed as a violation of this Acceptable Use Policy and considered in default of the Agreement. Accounts suspended or terminated for Policy violations are not eligible for refunds.
CLEANUP AND REMEDIATION FEES
Roller Network LLC reserves the right to assess cleanup and remediation fees of no less than $1,000.00 plus $200/hr, or $1,000 per recipient (as defined by an SMTP “RCPT TO”), whichever is greater.
Accounts suspended or terminated for AUP violations are not eligible for a refund.