At Roller Network we believe honesty and goodwill towards our customers goes further than claims of “100% uptime”. This list is a summary of impacting outages and service interruptions.
Summary of Primary Operations
- Critical power to customers and our network core has been maintained without interruption since November 2009 in Suite 1.
- Critical power to customers has been maintained without interruption since September 2015 (original commissioning by Eaton) in Suite 2.
- Core network availability on AS11170 has been maintained uninterrupted since October 25, 2012.
Calculated Availability by Year
- 2017: to date 100%
- 2016: overall 100%
- 2015: overall 100%
- 2014: shared space 99.994%, other services 100%
- 2013: colocation 100%, other services 99.995%
- 2012: overall 99.996%
- 2011: overall 100%
- 2010: colocation 100%, other services 99.998%
Details by Year
- 2017: No outages or service interruptions to date.
- 2016: No outages or service interruptions in 2016!
- 2015: No outages or service interruptions in 2015! (The Charter BGP hijacking event fortunately did not result in a service interruption, just higher than desirable latency on paths we wanted to route around.)
- September 4, 2014: Two AP8661 PDUs failed (live + boxed spare) for shared colocation cabinet Suite 1, Rack 2; individual servers moved to alternate power over a 5-30 minute span.
- August 8, 2013: Microwave Network Service Interruption, 25 minutes.
- October 25, 2012: Level 3 transit routing black hole, 21 minutes.
- 2011: No outages or service interruptions in 2011!
- June 9, 2010: Hosted Mail Outage, 8 minutes 6 seconds.
Our mission is to provide reliable service through careful planning, control, and maintenance of our infrastructure.
We’re often asked if this list is truly representative of our facility operations compared to other providers that suffer frequent outages. We can only comment on this in that yes, our list is accurate for our operations and our facility is designed to meet or exceed the level of services we provide. We also post issues to our Twitter account @RollernetNV and here in the Newspipe, both of which can be reviewed online.
At the end of November 2009 we completed a move into our current facility in Reno, NV from Sparks, NV. Events prior to this transition are for historical purposes only and do not reflect our current facility operations.
- November 22, 2009: Generator Fault, 10 minutes.
- May 18, 2008: UPS Failure, 15 minutes.
- March 8, 2007: DDoS Attack