At Roller Network we believe honesty and goodwill towards our customers goes further than paying lip service to claims of “100% uptime”. This list is a summary of outages and service interruptions.
- Critical power to customers and our network core has been maintained without interruption since November 2009 in Suite 1.
- Critical power to customers has been maintained without interruption since September 2015 (original commissioning by Eaton) in Suite 2.
- 2016: No outages or service interruptions to date.
- 2015: No outages or service interruptions in 2015! (The Charter BGP hijacking event fortunately did not result in a service interruption, just higher than desirable latency on paths we wanted to route around.)
- September 4, 2014: Two AP8661 PDUs failed (live + boxed spare) for shared colocation cabinet Suite 1, Rack 2; individual servers moved to alternate power over a 5-30 minute span.
- August 8, 2013: Microwave Network Service Interruption, 25 minutes.
- October 25, 2012: Level 3 transit routing black hole, 21 minutes.
- 2011: No outages or service interruptions in 2011!
- June 9, 2010: Hosted Mail Outage, 8 minutes 6 seconds.
Our mission is to provide reliable service through careful planning, control, and maintenance of our infrastructure.
We’re often asked if this list is truly representative of our facility operations compared to other providers that may have a different outage history. We can only comment on this in that yes, our list is accurate and our facility is designed to meet our own expectations for the services we provide. Other providers may have designed their services differently. We also post issues to our Twitter account @RollernetNV and here in the Newspipe, both of which can be reviewed online.
At the end of November 2009 we completed a move into our current facility in Reno, NV from Sparks, NV. Events prior to this transition are for historical purposes only and do not reflect our current facility operations.